- How long is your working day?
- I don't have much experience in a recording studio, any tips?
- Do you record all the band live or individually?
- What about instruments?
- How long will my project take?
- What about Engineer, Producer fees?
- What's the difference between the Producer and the Engineer?
- I'm a solo artist do you have musicians?
- Do you have discounted rates?
- Ok you have impressed me so far but can I have a look at the studio?
1. How long is your working day? AP Studios operates from 10 am to 7 pm from Monday to Friday. We are closed at weekends. 2. I don't have much experience in a recording studio, any tips? Don't worry about it! Everyone is welcome at A.P. Studios and we have a professional though friendly warm environment and remember we are working for you. Our experienced staff will guide you through each step of the process. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your project and one of our engineers will be happy to assist you. 3. Do you record all the band live or individually? That's a good question. Most bands these days record each instrument separately instead of recording the all band together in the same room. Reasons for this? Well if we start explaining we'll never stop. We are one of the few studios to still encourage live recordings, as everyone would agree there is more energy and vibe when a band is performing live. Having said that, to answer the question - yes we do record in both ways. 4. What about instruments? Well everything that you see in our equipment list is available for you to use in your session. In our opinion each musician knows best and most prefer to play their own instrument. We advise drummers to only bring cymbals and snare drums as we already have a studio drum set. As the drums are fine-tuned to our rooms we can get a fantastic sound and save a lot of set up time. If you need to hire instruments we can organise it through a third party, contact us for rates. 5. How long will my project take? This will depend on what you are looking for. Generally more time spent in the studio will produce greater results as there is more time for better takes as well as more time for editing and mixing. We understand that often the client needs to choose between getting it right or spending more time in the studio. No matter what your project or budget size we assure the highest quality product possible. 6. What about Engineer, Producer fees? The engineer's fee is always included in our price. If you need the engineer to also produce your project it must be discussed directly with the engineer in advance and a separate fee may apply. 7. What's the difference between the Producer and the Engineer? Well in short, the Producer has a creative role by guiding and directing the artists to get the best possible performance as well as being involved in the overall sound. The Engineer on the other hand has a technical role, responsible for delivering the best possible sound to disc. 8. I'm a solo artist, do you have musicians? We have an in house pianist and music programmer, should you need accompanying or to build a backing track, at no extra fee. Other musicians can be hired through us, rates vary so contact us for details. 9. Do you have discounted rates? We always have special offers and our rates are extremely competitive offering the best value for money around. As mentioned each project is individually assessed for your budget. 10. Ok you have impressed me so far but can I have a look at the studio? Of course, seeing is believing. We give free tours of the studio where you can have a look around, discuss your project and listen to some samples of previous recordings. Just contact us to arrange.